With the 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards on the horizon, many top industry players are coming together to host a pre-party in honor of this year’s Reggae GRAMMY nominees.
This premier event will be held at the famous Club Los Globos in Los Angeles, CA. Founded by Sire Dhone Johnson, Lukes Morgan and Eddie Donaldson, the event was created to embody the quintessential representation and celebration of the industry and it’s nominees through an on-point and uplifting gathering of genre specific industry executives and artists.
[Related: 58th Grammy Awards – Reggae Album Nominees]
“Celebrating the history and continued growth of reggae and its steadfast accomplishments through this event, alongside the talent and movers and shakers in the genre, is simply a natural progression in the movement,” says event host Tanya Moore. “It’s called unity in community!”
The event line-up is brimming with talent, featuring live music by GRAMMY nominees Morgan Heritage, Leon, Jovi Rockwell, DJ Gramps Morgan, DJ Delano Renaissance Sound, DJ Westafa, The Los Angeles Reggae All-Stars and more, as well as a live painting showcase by Trinidadian artist Pasco The Great.
And if that isn’t enough to get you excited, the plethora of performances will be paired with authentic Caribbean delicacies and a limited-host full bar, along with the chance to mingle among some star-studded patrons.
Select hosts for the inaugural event include:
• Shaggy, a.k.a. Mr. Boombastic / Ranch Entertainment
• Eric Kohler – AEG Live
• John Rollins – President/Magazine Consulting Team & Founding Publisher of Vibe
• Clifton “Specialist” Dillon – Shang Records
• Matt and Jon Phillips – Silverback Management
• Pat McKay – SiriusXM Radio
• Morgan Heritage – 58th Grammy Nominee
• Lukes Morgan – Ineffable Music Group
• Eddie Donaldson and James Marland – The Grow Division
• “Native Wayne” Jobson – Indie 103.1 Radio
• Rocky Dawuni – Artist/58th Grammy Nominee
• Dana Shayegan – Collective Digital Studio
• Richard Lue – VP Records Group
• Cary Sullivan – Rocky Dawuni/Afro Funke’/Boom Yard
• Sire Dhone Johnson – RHA/ RSPK/Los Globos
• Tanya Moore – Moore Media/ Moore CEG
• Buppy Brown – Artist -Brown2Music Records
• Junior Francis – The Reggae Show
• Larry Little – Fortress Music/ Resident DTLA
• Leon- Actor/Musician – Leon and The Peoples
• More to be announced…
The event is unique, as each host on the inaugural lineup contributes to the evening’s success by giving back to the reggae community through their time, expertise and contributions.
“It’s been long overdue that we join forces and come together to celebrate the reggae globally and offer an opportunity to unite people in the industry, helping progress and revolutionize the reggae movement.” Says event co-founder Eddie Donaldson.
We’re happy to be the first to announce that limited tickets are on sale to the general public now, and made available for just $10.00 by clicking HERE
With so much talent under one roof, this is one event you won’t want to miss. The party will be held at 8pm on Sunday, February 14th at Los Globos, located at 3040 West Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles, CA. And be sure to watch the 58th Annual GRAMMY Awards on February 15th at 8/7c on CBS.
Article By: Andrew Aroche