January 20, 2011 – Los Angeles, CA – California alternative rockers, The Dirty Heads have announced 2011 early spring tour dates. Known for their seamless blend of rock, hip hop and reggae, the Dirty Heads were chosen as one of Rolling Stone magazine’s Best New Bands of 2010 and are ready to take 2011 by storm. Their smash hit “Lay Me Down”, from their debut Any Port in a Storm, is the longest-running #1 song by an independent artist at alternative radio, while their second single “Stand Tall” is also holding steady on the Billboard rock charts. The band will begin their US trek on Friday, March 4th in Sacramento, CA at the Ace of Spades and end back on the West Coast on Saturday, May 8th in San Francisco, CA at The Fillmore.
Beginning on Friday, March 4th in Sacramento, CA
Tickets On Sale This Weekend
The Dirty Heads will be joined on the road by high-energy rockers New Politics, listed as one of MTV’s Artists to Watch in 2011. See below for a list of confirmed tour stops, and to get the latest details and purchase tickets visit DirtyHeads.com or find them on Facebook and MySpace. Tickets go on sale this weekend.
Formed in 2003 out of Huntington Beach, CA, The Dirty Heads released their debut album, Any Port In A Storm in September of 2008. Through The Eleven Seven Music Group, the band released enhanced versions of their album in territories such as the UK and Europe, Japan and Southeast Asia, Australia, Mexico and more in 2010. Produced by Steve Fox and Stan Frazier and mixed by Beastie Boys’ producer Mario C., the album features one of the last recorded performances from legendary Beatles collaborator Billy Preston. The Dirty Heads were among the first bands featured on YouTube’s Raw Session.
The Dirty Heads 2011 Tour Dates:
- 4 Sacramento, CA Ace of Spades
- 5 Chico, CA The Senator Theatre
- 7 Seattle, WA El Corazon
- 8 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theatre
- 9 Boise, ID Knitting Factory Concert House
- 12 Denver, CO The Summit Music Hall
- 15 Omaha, NE Slowdown
- 16 Milwaukee, WI Turner Hall
- 17 Chicago, IL House of Blues
- 18 Detroit, MI St. Andrew’s Hall
- 21 Cleveland, OH House of Blues
- 22 Pittsburgh, PA Altar Bar
- 23 Boston, MA Paradise Rock Club
- 24 New York, NY Irving Plaza
- 25 Philadelphia, PA Theatre of the Living Arts
- 12 Allentown, PA Crocodile Rock
- 13 Lancaster, PA The Chameleon
- 14 Baltimore, MD Ram’s Head Live
- 19 Atlanta, GA Masquerade
- 21 Orlando, FL House of Blues
- 27 New Orleans, LA House of Blues
- 5 San Diego, CA House of Blues
- 6 Los Angeles, CA House of Blues
- 7 Anaheim, CA House of Blues
- 8 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
More shows will be added so please check the Dirty Heads website for updates.